It’s a tough name to live up to. When it comes to XC—it’s all about efficiency. The hole shot, cleaning lines with precision, climbing like a goat and descending like a river. Not to mention being able to custom tune the thing with as little effort as possible.
The Marvel—is a marvel. Rebound, damping and lockout is all external. And the stiffness will point the front wheel where you need it to go.
- Weight: 3.5lb / 1589g, 3.67lb / 1666g (Trail)
- Spring: ISO Air
- Spring Rate: n/a
- Bottom Out: Rubber Bumper
- Crown: Forged I - Beam Crown
- Crown Finish: Black Ano
- Offset: 41mm
- Compression Damping: TPC Technology, Absolute+ XC Stack
- Rebound Damping: Cartridge TPC
- Adjustments: Air, compression to lockout, Rebound
- Leg Diameter: 32mm
- Leg Material:7050 Butted Aluminum
- Brake: Post Mount
- Axle: 15mm
- Crown to Axle: 472 (26") 479 (29")
- ISO Air: ISO Air is Manitou’s isolation air spring technology. It captures some of their MARS Air System’s benchmark plushness and puts it into an efficient cross-country package. They’ve essentially created a compliant link between the unsprung lower half of the fork and the air piston. The result is a system that isolates the rider from harshness on small, square-edged bumps produced by seal drag, or stiction, common in traditional air systems; the science of smooth!
- TPC (Twin Position Chamber): Providing 4-Dimensional Compression Damping; The velocity dependant circuit responds to the terrain while the Pressure Dependant Circuit flattens the bumps, the Energy Dependant Circuit activates on big hits while providing unmatched small bump sensitivity and the Position Dependant Circuit creates a bottomless feel.
- ABSOLUTE+: Velocity/Pressure Dependent System; Compatible with MILO remote lever, Absolute+ Switches between velocity dependent to pressure-dependent based on adjuster position. With an eight-position dial for compression rate-adjustment, it achieves lockout feel at maximum adjuster position, and plushness and control with pedalling efficiency.